Best Toddler Travel Beds In 2017 Guide & Reviews
Taking my kids out on long trips used to be a major problem. I worried about where and how they'd sleep when night fell. I could well handle myself and my husband. I also used to be very skeptical about camping. Then I discovered some of the best toddler travel beds on the market. Now, we can't stop going to summer camp as a family. We have used quite a number of products since then. I would like to introduce you to the very best travel beds for kids so that you can have as much fun with your little ones as I do.
Best Toddler Travel Beds In 2017 - Comparison
AeroBed Mattress for Kids
One Step Ahead Toddler Travel Bed
Regalo My Cot Portable Bed
Kids Travel Inflatable Bed Set
KidsTime Baby Travel Bed
Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed
The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
KidCo P4012 PeaPod Plus Infant Travel Bed
Large Baby UPF 50+ Baby Travel Bed
Best Toddler Travel Beds Reviews
Toddler travel beds are not a luxury but rather a necessity, and that is why I have selected the 9 toddler travel beds on offer based on their features and performance. Enjoy!
1. AeroBed Mattress for Kids
For when you need to spend the night out on the road, all you need to do is bring this out and set it up.
This airbed is a beautifully-designed piece of comfort for your toddlers.
Apart from the size, the Aerobed Mattress for Kids is actually specifically designed for kids. Rugged enough for when they need to turn around, yet safe enough to keep them in.
The 4-inch bumper on either side ensures they don't roll off. The surface is 50 by 25 inches large, more than enough space for your active toddler.
The mattress pad is thick, washable and designed with colorful star and the moon for your kids' enjoyment It is easily inflatable. It takes only about a minute to set up, and just about 15 seconds to deflate.
It also comes with an attached AC Pump, so you don't have to spend extra cash on getting a pump for the bed. The Aerobed Mattress for kids is made of tough PVC material.
This gives it added durability and strength to withstand wear and tear. The bed can conveniently hold a combined weight of 150 Ibs. This makes it suitable for older children too.
- Constructed of heavy-duty PVC
- Deflates in under 15 seconds
- sleep surface measures 50 by 25 inches
- 4-inch-high surround safety cushion
- AC pump for quick inflation
- Washable mattress cover
- Star and moon design fitted mattress pad
2. One Step Ahead Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed
This kids inflatable travel bed is a product of careful consideration to efficiently cater for your kids' needs.
It is larger than most other kid’s air beds, giving more room for movement.
One Step Ahead works with The Shrunks on this one to provide a product that will stay ahead of the competition. It's mattress-in-a-bed-design, where the mattress is fully detachable, gives it a more cozy and snuggly feel for your toddler's comfort.
It is lightweight, and also contains 5" walls on either side to prevent your kids from rolling off. With a large size (60 by 37 inches), it can carry a combined weight of 150 Ibs, which means it can serve as a big kid's bed.
A hand pump is included, making it easy to inflate and set up. The fully detached mattress means it can take a full-sized crib sheet and you can change them easily.
The sleeping area is flocked and soothing, making it a cradle of comfort for your toddler. It has an easy-fold feature after you deflate it, making it portable, easy to pack and to carry around.
- Inflated size measures 60 by 37 inches
- Fully-detached mattress for easier linen changes
- Accommodate standard sized crib sheets
- Toddler size sleep area measures 49.5 by 27 inches
- Flocked calming sleeping area
- 5 inch security walls
- Fast and easy to use electric pump
- Inflates in about 5 minutes
- Lightweight and portable
- Compact folds
- Repair kit
- PVC and phthalate-free
3. Regalo My Cot Portable Bed
This bed is lifted above the ground for comfort and to keep your kids dry at all times.
Besides, kids love adventure and climbing up a bed gives them a sense of adventure.
This Regale Cot might not have the fluffiness of air beds, but it definitely has a very comfortable feel and is suitable for beaching too. The beautiful, strong, washable cot is suspended with a sturdy, all-steel frame.
It is also very portable as it can be folded conveniently for easy storage and movement. It is suitable for nap time, camping, travel, and sleepovers.
It comes with a durable, washable cover that not only provides a comfortable sleep but protects the bed frame as well. The cover is machine Washable, which makes it very comfortable for you to clean it for your toddlers or teach them to do it themselves.
It is 48 inches long, 26 inches wide and 7 inches deep. It is large enough for an average sized toddler between 2 and 5 years. The frame is made of tough steel, which makes it durable enough to carry your kid without hassles.
- Made in USA
- Steel frame
- Machine washable cover
- Great for sleepovers or camping trips
- Quick and easy fold
- Easy to clean
- Portable Bed is backed by a limited 90-day warranty
4. Kids Travel Inflatable Bed Set
No other brand provides a bed away from home like INTEX. The air bed set comes in parts to allow usage by more than one kid.
With this feature, you get 2 beds even though you pay for one.
It includes a bed frame, a bed, and a hand pump- everything you need to make your kid's camping complete. This versatility is what makes this bed one of the most sought-after on the market.
A standard crib sheet will easily fit on this one, with a dimension of 42"W by 66"L by 10''H. A carry bag is included for easy storage and transportation, making it easier to move an already portable bed around.
With all the unique features of this one, it caps it up with a durable construction. Sturdy materials ensure you don't lose your air bed to damage prematurely. Be sure to make this a part of your travel gear if you want your kid's night out to be comfortable and fun.
- Manual pump Included for easy inflating
- Comfort,convenience and versatile
- Separate airbed from frame
- Carry bag for easy storage
5. KidsTime Baby Travel Bed
With an included Mosquito net, the Kids Time Baby Travel Bed features added protection.
This is a clue to how concerned they are about your kid's health.
The size and design of the mattress and cot are suitable for kids below 2 years and newborn babies. The construction provides a protective shield against the wind, the sun, specks of dust and even harmful insects. It is portable and easy to fold for storage and carriage.
The package contains a mattress, a mosquito net, a pillow and a mesh bag. The complete package gives you complete value for every penny spent. The man-made polyester filling in the pillow is just the right size for comfort.
- Includes mattress, pillow and mosquito net
- Soft and comfortable
- Prevent baby dropping down the floor
- Protect your baby from dust
- Breathable Cotton mesh material provides virus free environment
- Great for travel, outdoors and indoors
- Keep your baby comfortable and safe
- Protect your baby from sun
6. Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed
Kids will always be kids, going all day long. They simply love to play, and I know your kids are not an exception.
When they do come around at night, it's important you have the right place for them to turn in.
That is where Leachco Bump ZZZ Travel bed comes in. This fold and go travel bed is generously sized, with cushioned side bumpers for keeping your kid in. All the parts are well padded to give your kid that deserved sleep.
Also, you can easily fold the center pad as well as the outer bumper, and conveniently store them in the included carry bag. They're also removable for laundry. Plus, you don't need a pump for this one as it is not an inflatable bed. This means no extra luggage.
- Lightweight and foldable
- Always ready and no extra equipment needed
- Foam padded center and cushioned outer
- Perfect for bedtime away from home, napping, lounging, playtime and more
- Storage bag included
- Easily removable Center foam pad and outer bumper padding are suitable for laundering
7. The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
This complete Toddler Travel bed is, perhaps, the best gift you can give to your kids.
Perfectly designed for comfort and safety, with guard rails to prevent your kid rolling off the bed.
It is a 2-in-1 design with an inner mattress neatly placed in a bed frame. This design makes it easy for your sheets to easily tuck in and stay firm all night.
The airbed includes an electric pump to go along with and inflates in just about a minute. It is Lead-Safe, Phthalate-Safe, and BPA-Safe for added durability.
Also included are repair kit and convenient carry bag for ease of movement and storage. This shrunk toddler bed is an award-winning airbed with a 2-year hassle-free warranty.
- Fits all standard crib-sized sheets
- Quiet, squeak-free material and design
- Security rails helps prevent child from falling
- Low to the ground design for complete safety
- Phthalate-Safe, BpA-Safe and Lead-Safe
- Includes a convenient carrying bag, repair kit and the powerful Jetaire Electric Pump
- Inflates quickly in 30 seconds
- Hassle free 2 year full warranty
8. KidCo P4012 PeaPod Plus Infant Travel Bed
Provide a little haven for your kid with the KidCo P4012 Pea Pod Plus Infant Travel bed.
It is everything you want for your little angel. It is large enough to hold a kid up to 5 years old and yet, comfy enough to comfortably cradle a newborn.
It can be used both indoor and outdoor, providing a great experience for your kids at picnics, camping and during outdoor travels. It is not just comfortable for sound sleep, it also provides an impenetrable home for your toddler.
The lightweight mesh is flexible enough to allow airflow but tough enough to keep insects out. This includes mosquitoes. It is UV-protected for a shield against harsh elements and features straps to attach it to the ground for safety. The sleeping pad is fully attached and can be folded easily along with the cradle.
- Lightweight mesh that promotes air flow
- Foldable into a compact size
- UV protection
- Comes with a carry or storage bag
- Comes with fully assembled sleeping pad snap
- Can be folded and stored with the sleeping pad fully attached
- Large front zipper panel makes access to children easy
- Great for camping, picnics and all outdoor travels
9. Large Baby UPF 50+ Baby Travel Bed
As the name implies, this large baby tent is uniquely suitable for beach play and most outdoor activities.
It is made by Summery, a household name when it comes to outdoor summer beds.
This baby shelter is not just comfortable but protects your toddler too from the Ultra-Violent weather. It can be set up and cleaned up easily and quickly. It can also be easily folded up.
There's a fold-up instruction on the tent in case you find this difficult. A travel bag is also included to help you carry it conveniently everywhere you need to go.
The product is very durable too, from the zipper to the mesh and top cover. It is spacious enough (49 by 31.5 by x23.6 by 23.6 inches) for your kid to play in. And when the temperature is high, the cooling sleeping pad helps moderate it to soothe your baby's comfort.
- surrounded by 4 side
- Spacious for your baby or toddler to play and sleep in
- UPF 50+ (SGS lab tested) protection
- White mesh and top quality zippers make our product durable
- Cotton sleeping pad provide your bay a soft place to sleep
- Perfect for beach ,camping,fishing,and more
- Safe and bug-free sleeping area
- Quick Set up & easy clean
- Self-expanding screen tent
- Come with folding illustration on the travel bag package
So what exactly is a Toddler Travel Bed?
Whether it is a toddler bed that needs assembling, those that fold out like a cot, or the inflatable ones, all toddler beds have the same purpose; to provide your kid a cozy space to sleep when you're away.
Although some can be used indoor, their purpose is more appreciated when you need to spend the night out. A toddler bed is a smaller version of regular home beds, although with slight differences.
Some are built with walls on the sides to keep your kid in, others are not. Some others are designed to protect the toddler from harsh weather or insects, others are simply open-air beds. Whatever the type, toddler beds come with very handily when you go out camping or embark on a road trip.
Types of Toddler Travel Beds
There are 4 major types of toddler travel beds. They are;
- Fold-Up (Foldable) Toddler Beds: As the name implies, these toddler beds are those that do not require inflating, but have been padded in a way that they can be folded easily. They may not be as packable as inflatable beds but are known to be very durable.
- Inflatable Toddler Beds: These are becoming increasingly popular in the United States and other parts of the world. They can be inflated and deflated easily. Some of them also come in two separate inflatable parts for added comfort.
- Pop-Up Sleep Tent: These are perhaps the only types that provide factory-fitted mesh coverings. These protective shields protect against harsh weather and preying insects.
- Cots: A Cot is that type of toddler travel bed that has a frame, usually made of steel, suspending the sleeping pad. This provides a raised bed for your kid and gives it the feeling of coming out of a home bed.
How do I know my Child can sleep in a Toddler Bed?
There is really no ground rule for when your child should use a toddler bed. Ordinarily, most toddler beds are not suitable for babies under 2 years. Some others have protective side bars that can keep your little ones in Just be sure the child you're putting on it is not one that will roll over and fall off.
Generally, kids who can no longer use a cradle are those who should use toddler beds. A toddler travel bed is not just for sleep but provides a playground as well. It will be better utilized by older kids, above 4 years. It is also safer to have older kids in them.
Buying Best Toddler Travel Beds - Things to Consider
Before you make that purchase, there are certain factors you should consider.
- Safety: The first and most important thing to consider is the safety of your kid. Look out for a bed that will conveniently prevent your kid from rolling off or being exposed to any kind of harm.
- Comfort: You do not want a bed that makes it difficult for your child to sleep at night. It only means you'll also not sleep. Plus, your kid won't have the energy to just be a kid in the day.
- Weight: It is best to buy a toddler bed that is lightweight, and easy to carry around, even with your kid. This will save you so much stress.
- Storage and Transport: Most toddler travel beds come with carrying bags to aid transport and storage. This is an important factor to look out for. You do not want to be dragging a bed from the car to your camp spot.
- Breathable: Will your child find the right space and temperature to breath fine? Ask that question before you buy a toddler bed.
- Ease of Cleaning: Some toddler beds are washable, others are not. Some just require cleaning with a wet piece of cloth. Whatever the case, you should get a toddler bed that makes it easy for you to clean it occasionally.
Ensure every outdoor camping you go for after this review is worth the time for you and your kids. All you need is any of these toddler beds, depending on your needs and preference. This is one purchase that is worth every penny. Plus, your toddler deserves only the best.